At Premier Group, We believe in achieving great things. One such hub ERIC is pushing us towards innovation. At the department of ERIC you can see the new now. We have a level of freedom that allows us to focus on our customers, and to combine the best from different worlds in order to develop practical solutions – a unique mixture of technological expertise, material expertise, system calculation, system simulation, advanced engineering, future mobility and a hands-on mentality.
Recent Trends & Technology
Product Development Trends
POWERTRAIN MOUNT DESIGN FOR NVH
TORSIONAL DAMPER DESIGN FOR NVH
At Premier Group, no matter what NVH challenge we encounter, we have the right mix and match of the lightweight material. To achieve this, we have various VAVE which are as follows
- Light weight solution by optimizing / benchmarking existing design
- Light weight solution by choice of right material (Steel, Aluminum, Rubber & Plastic)
- Light weight solutions based on smart modular designs to minimize tooling or child parts
Our success is achieved in different ways that include material substitution, gage thickness reduction, redesign of the part shape and size, elimination of redundant parts, and consolidation of several parts into one or two without sacrificing the overall structural integrity or functionality.
Product Line Strategy
Philosophy of ERIC institute
- Unique and innovative solutions
- ERIC partnered with customer to support them along with the entire product life cycle
- Supported customers on current and future mobility challenges
- Combined Advanced Engineering with System Simulation and Vehicle Testing for complete development of product from System Level Calculations to Product Level including Vehicle testing.
- Product Development via Black Box and Benchmarking of product (PS) to system level as Full Service Supplier (FSS)
- Testing of FEA, CAD, Materials, Development and Program resources under one roof.
- Reduced Lead time for Development
- Single Contact for Customer Engineering.
- On-going work on innovative projects like Batteries, BOTS, Polymers, Adhesives & Green Hydrogen
Design & Development capability
- Vehicle performance evaluation
- Component performance evaluation
- Design details and parameters study
- Well established procedure for vehicle and component level NVH benchmarking
- Vehicle packaging
- Product layout study
- Concept selection
- 6 DOF simulation using ADAMS & Excel.
- Static, Dynamic Simulation to reduce product cycle time.
- Durability Simulation to predict the product life.
- Product design using software, based on simulation inputs
- Design considering vehicle level packaging constraints
- Durability testing at test rig level
- Vehicle level evaluation of product prototypes
- Vehicle level mount durability at 4 poster rig and torture track